The earliest surviving quay in Dartmouth. Dates set in the cobbles confirm its antiquity. The houses at the southern end and the circular Bayards Cove Fort are Tudor, the buildings at the northern end 18th century. A plaque here commemorates the visit of the Pilgrim Fathers.
A pedestrianised precinct with many small specialist shops and cafes. These continue across Duke Street into Anzac Street, towards St Saviour's church. Just west of Foss Street is the Old Market, an unusual building opened in 1828. Markets are still held here on Fridays and Tuesdays. There are also shops in the Old Market open all year and throughout the week. It is the setting for the annual 'Fatstock Show' in December.
The Cherub Inn
This is the oldest building in Dartmouth, dating from 1380 and still retaining some original features. Its original use is thought to have been as a Merchant's House. It remained derelict for many years until Mr Frank Cresswell Mullett bought it in the late fifties and renovated the building into what you can see today.